One little task I set myself this weekend was moving the bird feeder.
Last winter, I had it tucked between the Butterfly Bush and the Lilac. And while it was ideal from a landscape design, as well as viewing perspective. It had a few fatal flaws that didn't make themselves apparent until spring.
First - the birds and the squirrels used the Lilac as an access route - and in the process seemed to break off several of the blooming branches in the process.
Second, the birds left quite a mess on the soil below, and as the Lilac and Butterfly Bush grew out over the summer, it got really hard to get under there and pull up all the greenery that resulted from the spilled seed.
So it the feeder needed a new home.
In the end, I didn't move it far - just to the edge of the Little Bee garden. It's now closer to the house, and even easier to view from the couch as I knit. And as you can see... it didn't take Mr. Jay long to find it in it's new location.