Saturday, November 26, 2016

On the road... one way or another

Thank you for you kind words about poor Stella. Thursday afternoon she got put on a flatbed...
... and she's now resting comfortably in the garage while we decide the best way to say goodbye (part her out or just scrap her). The tow truck driver had an interest in her... apparently he likes to rebuild cars in new way (kind of like moving car art) and has been considering a PT convertible for a while... so who knows... she may live on in another incarnation.

And as for me. I'm just trying to look on the bright side. I'm lucky enough to have a job I can do from home, and a boss who's quite happy to give me some time to get my ducks in a rows, so I don't have to bury myself in debt getting something to run back and forth to the office in.

So it looks like I will be motorless for a while. It's going to take some adjustment, but I'm also lucky enough to live in a great spot. My main grocery store is just one kilometre to the west, and my pharmacy is just one kilometre to the east. Other stores, including the mall, are just a short bus ride away.
Over the next few months, I forsee these getting a lot more wear. Who knows, I may even lose some weight! I certainly weighed a lot less before I started driving. There's always a sunny side, right?

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Good for you, looking on the bright side! I hate driving so I would be more than happy to not have to do it for a while myself.

Rachelle said...

Walking will at least help your cardio fitness even if it doesn't result in losing weight. I've been walking more lately but not losing weight unfortunately, I blame that on the sugar addiction rearing its ugly head again :(. Given it up again now, eating more fruit instead.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Omg! Somehow I missed your first post about Stella! Had to go back and read it. So sorry for your loss. I am a huge fan of PT Cruisers also. I had to have one when they first came out. Hubby got me one for Christmas that year. I loved it! Heated seats, sun roof....she was my little beauty! I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about her. She died a while back and seeing yours just brought back a flood of sweet memories. I feel your pain!

Vera said...

RIP Stella. I would love to live where I could walk to stores. Good luck adjusting to the new lifestyle.

kathy b said...

Look at your cute red stockings, socks and shoes. Car issues are on my most despised way to spend money list. Ugh. SO sorry.

Delighted Hands said...

Well, life means adjustments!
I don't like to drive or get out myself much but not having a car at all seems....impossible!
So glad you have the freedom with your job!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you lost Stella, but you have a great attitude about it.

For the first time in our married life, we now live where we walk to almost EVERYTHING. It's wonderful. I don't know that I've lost any weight though. There are too many good things to eat around here. LOL