Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Accomplished

It's been a fairly lazy vacation so far, but I did drum up enough energy to get the top of Corvin's baby blanket together.

While it may look like random placement of the blocks, it actually took me quite a while to get them in a placement I liked with no two fabrics touching, and a relatively even disbursement of white and black squares.
My Snoopervisor was no help in the process.
But it's together now... and soon it will be out of my hands. The top, along with the chunk of red zig-zag fabric I snagged from the remnant bin for the backing, will be going up to Mom's for finishing.

Though she's got the monsters for a week, so it may be a while before you see it back here finished. While I was sewing away at home, they were at Mom's doing a little sewing of their own.

They raided Mom's fabric stash and made pillow cases


9 comments:

Araignee said...

Nice finish on the quilt! I love those pillowcases. I need to learn how to do that.

Delighted Hands said...

Great job on the quilt top! It passes the squint test for color placement!
Your mom is going to enjoy her week with the girls!

Vera said...

that quilt is lovely Valerie - so cheerful and fun! Cute pillowcases too. Fun project for the girls.

Anonymous said...

Y'all did a GREAT job! I especially love the kitty paw fabric.

Eastside Cats said...

You've got to be happy with your colors!

elns said...

Haha! I love your version of lazy! The blanket is really coming along. That picture w/your snoopervisor is the cutest. I love how the monsters always fall really easily and happily into crafting at your Mom's. I'd pay them for those pillowcases. Fabulous.

Cat Lover said...

The quilt top looks great, I love your arrangement. Great snoopervisor!

kathy b said...

I am truly jealous in a good way. I'd love to make napkins, Placemats, burp cloths and pillows. But I dont sew.....
I 'll admire yours. I think learning young is a great thing!

chrisknits said...

Adorable! Baby will get lots of use out of his quilt! And lovely pillowcases!