Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday Felines

So... as if Burton needed to get any cuter.... we've discovered he plays fetch...
It started last week. I was up in my new office working from home when he brought up a sparkle ball and dropped it on my keyboard. I tossed it over my shoulder, and naturally he took off after it. But a few minutes later... he was back - ball in mouth.

It's now become a thing. If I'm working from home, I can pretty much count on having to play fetch for at least 30 minutes before he'll settle down and let me get any work done.
And on the weekend, if I decide to laze about in bed past 8:30 a.m.... I can  guarantee we'll have to play a game of fetch from the bed.
He'll only do it with the sparkle balls - and only the larger ones (Rupert prefers the smaller ones, but he's no fetcher). And he'll only do it with me. If Dave throws it for him, Burton brings it right over to me...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just PURR-fect!

Delighted Hands said...

Too cute! We have had fetchers, too, and it is a wonderful game...usually! You are mama, so of course he brings it to you!

Araignee said...

Now that is just too adorable!!!

Bridget said...

I love it when kitties play fetch! It just cracks me up.

Vera said...

So cute. Tyg has a "crinkle ball" that he loves and will carry it in his mouth to wherever he wants to be in the house. I keep finding pieces of it in the bathroom, on the kitchen floor, under a chair in the living room, etc. He also tends to sit on balls or toys (like he is trying to hatch them) - LOL.

kathy b said...

Looks like you've really bonded with that adorable one!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

That is adorable!! He must have been a dog in a previous life. LOL!

chrisknits said...

A fetching kitty! Adorable. Seems that word is used a lot when I am posting here. And it would seem everyone else is using it too. It's unanimous!

elns said...

Oh my goodness, Burton! He's a beauty and I do love a cat that plays fetch. My sister's Twitch was the same way. She was the best. Is it wrong, I grinned really hard when you wrote he prefers the fetch w/you. heh.

Have a great weekend. Such cute photos!

Cat Lover said...

Oh so cute! Burton is really fitting into your household.
Our first cat Linus loved to play fetch too. He had a number of balls he would play with.
Have a good weekend!
Robin

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Is he your first fetcher? Biscuit plays fetch, too; she's our first fetcher. She likes to play it with pen caps from stick pens. We have a lot of pen caps!

Mereknits said...

I am getting all caught up on your busy week. Well done getting that beautiful sewing machine. I love that your sweet kitten plays catch, so cute.