Saturday, August 26, 2017

Sewing machine

It was a fairly light work at week this week so I was able to sneak in some more time to play with my new machine. The pinwheels are all done - I need a coordinating fabric to do the next step. Same with the bear paws. So I decided to get a move on a project that has a due date of November.
I've had these fabrics for a while... bought for a welcome quilt for little Corvin. Well Corvin is set to turn one in November, so it's changing from a welcome quilt to a birthday quilt - and I need to get a move on.
Under the watchful eye of my snoopervisor, I got them all cut into 5" squares so I could test out a new HST technique.

With that techique, I was able to churn out some hourglass blocks pretty quick.
I got six done before I decided to take a break. I still have nine more to go which ideally, I'd like to finish up this weekend... but we'll see how it goes. I feel like I've been VERY productive lately, so I'm bound to hit a slump soon! Of course, I'm on vacation this week, so maybe I can sneak them all in before that slump hits...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have Burton to keep you on task! LOL

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, enjoy this vacation and the crafting production! The hourglass blocks will be great for these fabrics!

Araignee said...

Those are pretty little charm squares you have there and speaking of charm....your little sphinx is quite the charmer!

Mereknits said...

Love the fabrics. Good luck with the birthday quilt.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Just checked out the hst technique. Very cool... and by the way....so is Burton!!

chrisknits said...

Don't give in to the slump!! Stay strong! Love those fabrics!!!