Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Good ol' fashioned knitting

The Old Shale baby cardi is coming along nicely.
As you can see, I'm through most of the body. This is on hold now while I knit the sleeves. Then they will all be joined up so I can finish the yoke. I generally prefer to work top-down, but I couldn't be bothered to re-work the pattern.
It's got a nice little bit of lace to keep it interesting, but for the most part, it's a pretty mindless knit. I'm hoping to have it wrapped up by the end of the week. I have 43 days left to get at least a few fair entries together.

9 comments:

Araignee said...

It's beautiful! So simple but with so many pretty details.

Delighted Hands said...

This is adorable! The grey color is very modern; can't wait to see it progress! Nice to see some knitting!

Bridget said...

I think it's going to be adorable!

Vera said...

So sweet! Love this. Some little baby is going to look adorable.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Very cute....love all the dainty details.

Eastside Cats said...

Adorable! Looks wonderful soft.

kathy b said...

THat's mindless for YOU!!! I would have to think hard. YOu are a wonder Val!

Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty pattern.

chrisknits said...

That is turning out so sweet! You can do it, with time to spare.