Sunday, August 27, 2017

End of summer garden tour

The Iceland Poppies just keep blooming... red, yellow, white and variations thereof. I really hope they make it through winter.
Another sure sign that fall is coming... the Sedum is starting too bloom. I love it when it's at this stage... mostly white with just a touch of pink.
 The Mammoth sunflowers have bloomed - and they live up to their name - the blooms are the size of dinner plate and the plants are probably seven feet tall.
The pink Delphiniums have bloomed, and they are a bit of a dissapointment. The tag showed a nice bright pink... and these ones are  so pale they are almost white. They are pretty, but I already have some in the front garden. C'est la vie.
 Back in mid summer, I bought some Cala Lily bulbs. A "tuxedo" mix of black and white. The white ones haven't bloomed yet, but the black ones are gorgeous.
The Susans are putting on quite the show. I think I need to put some of these inthe front yard next year. I just love them.
 The Blanket Flowers from last year are blooming nicely. They are just a touch more red than the new ones I bought this year.
 And they are blooming like crazy too.
 As are the Bachelor Buttons! I need to find a way to tame these ones a bit next year. They've just taken over their corner of the garden.
 Chicago Peace is blooming again.
 So is Queen Elizabeth. The love it when the humidity ends. I'll get blooms right to October.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've NEVER seen a black lily. That is BEAUTIFUL!

Mereknits said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Araignee said...

Beautiful blooms! My Susan's were doing great this year until something ate them. :(

chrisknits said...

Beautiful! Wish we were neighbors so I could trade some fabric stash for flowers!

kathy b said...

We certainly need Chicago Peace so I'm thrilled it is blooming again. My cosmos have just gone nuts. They are oranges, yellows and gorgeous . Next year MORE cosmos here

The Well Fed Wheel said...

That Mammoth Sunflower is making me so happy right now! So pretty!