Saturday, August 19, 2017

Burton's Button Conundrum

I was hoping to have an FO post of the baby cardi for you by now, but there was a small hitch... buttons.

As you know, I've got a pretty decent button stash. So about mid-week I laid the cardigan on the floor, hauled out my jars and started the hunt.
And of course, I had help. This was Burton's first button hunt, and I have to say he exceeded in his task as snoopervisor... as in... I'm sure there's still some buttons under the couch thanks to fast little swatty paws...

But alas, there were no buttons for the cardigan. The only thing I had in the right quantity (I needed six) were plain clear dome buttons. BORING! I had some pretty pearl buttons that were just perfect, but I only had three.

As luck would have it, I got a text from Mom on Thursday, asking if I'd like to accompany her on a little shopping excursion. I never turn those down, and since of one the destination was Walmart, I knew I'd be able get some pearl buttons in the proper amount at the very least.

And I did... but then our excursion took us down Ottawa Street... and to my favourite button and notion store. They have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge colour coordinated wall of buttons and....
Well.. I just couldn't decide! I put it out to Facebook (you may have seen it there) and the overwhelming consensus is for the flower. A few people have expressed support for the diamond , but poor heart... no one likes her.

At first I was all for the flower, but the more I look at the diamond, the more it grows on me... I think it has a delicate elegance that matches the cardigan.

Of forget it! I'm going to let Burton decide!
Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the heart is a lovely button, but it is overwhelmed by the yarn.

The other two are much more suited to the yarn, and I like diamond the best, but flower is beautiful too.

I'm sure Burton will make the right choice.

P.S. I got punched in the nose tonight and I almost adopted the little puncher. It was the cutest little tuxedo kitten and he was jealous I was petting the little kitty in the condo below his. So, he PUNCHED me . . . right in the face!!!!

I didn't think to take his photo, but trust me .....he was majorly adorable!!! (Steve, the big meanie, said no to another cat!) LOL

Mereknits said...

I am voting for the diamond all the way. I think you are right it adds elegance and you should not "see " the buttons as far as I am concerned If they are to defined they take away from the beautiful knitting, they should just blend in.

Samantha said...

Smart choice letting Burton decide.

kathy b said...

Button! That kitten is a button. I hope his eyes remain that yellow !

Araignee said...

Look at that cute little imp. I don't know how you get anything done when he's around. My cats don't bother my work but Daughter's drive me crazy grabbing at my yarn and all.

Delighted Hands said...

What a cute assistant! He will need regular visits to the button stash now!
I like the diamond button, too. I rarely choose cute (like the heart) but the flower is more casual-this cardi is too classy!

Anonymous said...

THat sunflower is going to be amazing. Enjoy.
ผลบอลเมื่อคืน