Wednesday, August 30, 2017

FO: Bethany

Mom and I are out on an adventure with the girls today, so I thought it was a good day to share pics of the completed Bethany.
She was finished up on Saturday, and has spent the last few days blocking. I finally got the buttons on yesterday just before it got too dark to take pictures.
I did the 6-12 month size, so after the fair it will be put away for Wren for Christmas. She's growing like a weed so it should be just perfect by then.
This was a fun little knit. I'm used to doing baby stuff in fingering (because washable sock yarn is perfect for babies), so it was a nice switch things up and knit one in DK. 

Bethany took two weeks of moderately steady knitting. It's top down and seamless with a nice little lace yoke that keeps things interesting. The knitting slows down a bit when you get to the skirt, but then you've got some rows of straight stocknit to zone out on which is nice. (You could also omit the eyelets on the skirt completely if you wanted.)
There's two little buttons on the back to make it easier to get on an off. Since they are the back, I just went with plain, flat buttons from the stash. Though the more I look at it, the more I think it would be cute to put the buttons in front.

In the end it used almost two full skeins of Twinkle Cat DK. The colour is Pixie Dust, and unfortunately, the sparkles don't show well in the pics, but trust me, this little thing sparkles! Hopefully it will catch the eye of the fair judges.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So SWEET!

Good luck at the fair!

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous,what a fantastic colour!

Araignee said...

Looks like a blue ribbon to me!!! So sweet...

Vera said...

Darling! Love it. The entire piece is gorgeous, and I particularly like the zig-zag at the bottom. You MUST show a pic of Wren in the dress once it is hers!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

It's just darling! I love the eyelets!

kathy b said...

Oh she's just darling.. even without a baby !!

chrisknits said...

What a sweet dress! Sure to win a ribbon!

Eastside Cats said...

Adorably cute! Wish I had a baby around who I could order one for, then I'd take photos like a maniac.

likeschocolate said...

So cute! I am book marking this for my mother to make.

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent work! Such a great entry and gift later on! Here's hoping the best for you!

elns said...

It's gorgeous! The yarn really features all the pretty details. So pretty.

Rachelle said...

Very sweet, good luck with it!