Thursday, August 17, 2017

Beautiful Bethany

Bethany is going along just swimmingly
I did accidentally use the yoke chart for the larger sizes (it's a bit longer than the smaller sizes), but I compensated by skipping most of the plain rows after so it should work out about the same.

As you can see, I'm onto the skirt now, and it's not nearly as exciting... just a few little eyelets broken up by several rows of stockknit. But I'll motor through it. Ideally, I'd like to have it done by the end of the weekend, but that's probably a little too ambitious. I've got some outdoor work that I really need to tackle. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Have you got any plans for the weekend?

8 comments:

Araignee said...

That is just the sweetest little thing! We are celebrating Daughter's belated birthday this weekend. The Mister is taking her golfing and then they are coming back here for crabs. Not an exciting day for me since I don't play golf or eat crabs but....there will be cake!

Bridget said...

The yarn is perfect for that yoke pattern, in my opinion. :-)

Delighted Hands said...

Just too sweet a little dress! You are knitting along beautifully!

kathy b said...

Beautiful work. You have a great talent Lady!
Weekend already? yes I guess it is. The days are flying by. :( Means summer and Zachs trip will end soon.
BUT i'm working on living in the moment.
so:
weekend:
KNITTING
Venetian Fest in town here. We have never been to it .
Saturday Barn volunteer work.
Hang out.
Be on porch.
Sit with cats.
Take photos with zach

Eastside Cats said...

Am betting that yarn is as soft as it looks! This weekend, we have the Woodward Dream Cruise, which is a 16-mile long antique car show! One never knows what you'll see, but the key is to keep on the side of the street UPWIND from exhaust...hehehehe!

chrisknits said...

2 birthday dinners to attend and the State Fair. Can't wait to see all the handmade entries. Size up the competition to see if I will even bother to enter anything next year. Your Bethany will be adorable!

elns said...

I have really enjoyed the colorways of your knits lately. Very fun and summer, a perfect balance to the bits of lace detail.

The Exhibition socks are also lovely bit of summer:)

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Bethany is darling! As for the weekend....I'm going to hose the bird poop off the patio furniture....yuk! LOL I'm not looking forward to it either. There'll be some carding with the new carder and a bit of spinning going on too. That part will be fun.