Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A sea of stars

It was another productive weekend, so on top of the Tuxie quilt, I was also able to finish off the top for Deep Sea Stars
 It only needed one last border of dark blue around the outside, so it was a pretty quick finish.
That awesome clearance bin at Lens yielded up this cute little seashell print for the backing. This has all been packed up and will be heading up to Mom's. I'm not ready to free-motion quilt something of this size quite yet, but I've promised Mom this is the last one I'll ask her to do for me!

And now with this and the Tuxie top wrapped up, there's just a few projects in progress: Tea for Three wall hanging; Starburst, and my Scrappy Cabins.. that means there are two empty projects boxes just waiting for something new!

10 comments:

Vera said...

Love the colors in this one - really, really pretty!!

Araignee said...

Oh, those stars are just glorious!

chrisknits said...

You go girl! I need to get my butt in gear and get some borders added to the current piece myself.

Tired Teacher said...

Gorgeous quilt and luscious colors!

Delighted Hands said...

This is stunning! The pops of the 'stars' showing up in the border really add interest!
You did a great job on this one, too! Hooray! You will be hitting up that new fabric in no time!

Anonymous said...

Those colors are just beautiful. Congrats ....you did a great job.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Love the stars and the colors are gorgeous together!

kathy b said...

Again I want to thank you for helping with my vacation anxiety!
I love the colors and the stars look so pretty. I thought we'd see more stars in Mexico, but we had a full moon!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So pretty! Love the sea blues and greens in the batik sashings!

elns said...

Your quilts have just been fantastic. I love the batik? and your cat quilt was super cute too!