Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tea time

Before we left for Mexico, I finished up the last tea cup block for the Tea for Three wall hanging. It just needed some borders.
I just did simple, 2.5 inch strips (so I could throw the leftovers right in the Log Cabin bin!) and surrounded the whole thing.
I still have a nice chunk of the brown fabric from the Chocolate Covered Pinwheels quilt, so it will be used for backing and binding. I think this wall-hanging will be my first attempt at free-motion quilting. I still need some lessons from Mom though, so we'll set it aside for now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Did you see the quilting rulers that Deb (araignee's tangled web) showed on her blog? They look like they could be helpful at keeping your free motion not TOO free.

Delighted Hands said...

Nothing like a wall hanging to practice your free motion quilting on, just saying!
It turned out very nice-I like that the quilting bug has bitten you!

chrisknits said...

There are great tuts online! Check out Angela Walters for some great videos. She has Quilting Is My Therapy. Cute wallhanging!

Vera said...

That turned out so cute! Love the brown fabric.

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! You are going to have fun quilting this.

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, I really like this!

kathy b said...

I think that you learning from your mom is wonderful. Keep learning all she can teach you!!!

Araignee said...

That is just the cutest!!!!

Judy S. said...

Love that wall hanging! I have a tea cup quilt that I treasure.