Sunday, April 15, 2018

Manly

I have to admit, when it comes to knitting socks, I'm a little spoiled. My feet are a dainty size 7, and I prefer a shorter leg. As a result, when I stick with it,  I can whip through a pair pretty quickly.

But that makes it much harder when it comes time to knit a pair of "real" socks... like a pair for Dave. He doesn't like the leg too long, but he is a size 11... that's a lot more knitting!
Every spare minute I've had to knit has been put towards trying to get this (seemingly) giant pair off the needles. Sadly, work has been pretty busy since I got back from vacation, so there hasn't been as much time as I would like.  I'm finally working my way down the gusset... hopefully that foot won't take too long...

I'm ready for something new...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man socks ALWAYS take longer. I guess that is why I have many more pair than Steve. LOL

Dave's new socks are pretty neat looking with the subtle stripe.

Araignee said...

Big socks are definitely a real slog but you've really been making progress.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You are lucky! Although I don’t know what i’d do with all the socks if I knit them any quicker! Still, I don’t envy you a boring vanilla pattern in a men’s size eleven. You’re almost there!

chrisknits said...

They will be well loved and used, so keep digging! Lucky for me Hubster doesn't do hand knit socks! Or sweaters, or anything. I can just knit all for me.

Deb said...

I'll trade!

I make socks for my oldest son. 10" cuff and size 18 EEEE shoe. It takes twice as long as a regular pair and twice the yarn. But he's happy to have socks to fit.

Now if I could just get him to knit...

Tired Teacher said...

I love that yarn: it's making a nice pair of socks. My feet aren't dainty (I wear a size 10) so I know exactly how you feel.

Mereknits said...

THat is the problem with work, it keeps us too busy! Love the socks.

Delighted Hands said...

You have my sympathies! I am slogging through sock #1 and I rarely slog with socks!
These will be great when finished-you're close so hang in there!

Rachelle said...

Ugh, this is why the ones I'm knitting for youngest are taking so long too. Brioche on size 10.5 feet. My feet are size 8.5 which is much quicker!