Saturday, April 21, 2018

Heaven sent

Well... not quite...
 But the above package was sent by an angel - the very sweet and generous Araignee. Her wonderful, fragrant soaps have already been put into use. The Coconut pineapple is up in our main shower for Dave (he loves fruity soaps), but the Black Cherry I'm keeping all to myself in my powder room. It's once of my favourite scents! The little lotion bars will also be quickly used - they were essential for getting my feet beach-ready for Mexico. And if spring ever arrives, I'll need them to keep my toes in tip top shape for sandal season!

Thank you so much, Araignee!

Also arriving in the mail was my latest order from Missouri Star Quilts.

Way back when I got into this quilting thing, I bought a charm pack of the prettiest dragonfly fabrics

But little did I know, one charm pack wasn't going to make much of a quilt. The charm packs were sold out forever, so I wasn't have to get more.  I'd been on the hunt for a way to stretch them out when I came across the Square in a Square quilt. I just needed a Jelly Roll and a Honey Bun.

So I watched MSQ for a good daily deal and jumped at one the other week
Beautiful batiks in similar shades to the charm pack
And some of the fabrics even have  a dragonfly theme! I also grabbed a pretty green honey bun to round it all out. I've got an empty project box, so I'm hoping to start this one soon. It should go together fairly quick!

I also treated myself to a purrfectly wonderful fat quarter bundle.
It's full of beautiful bright fabrics with a feline theme.
This is destine to become a Milky Way quilt
Mom sent me the pattern a few weeks back and you know I love a good star block!

I do so love a good mail day! And so does someone else...

6 comments:

Araignee said...

Oh those charms!!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow-incredible fabric purchases!!! The new quilt is going to be fun to work on-
I've never seen that pattern and it looks meaty!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I agree...Araignee's soaps, lotions and lip balms are wonderful and I'm loving all this gorgeous fabric you're getting!! I'm excited to see it all come together.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a win/win for everyone.

You bought some BEAUTIFUL fabrics.

chrisknits said...

"Where's my goodies Mom?" Lovely fabrics, they will blend wonderfully with your charms.

Tired Teacher said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Kids and cats love to play in boxes.