Monday, April 2, 2018

Scat cat!

Not long after I got back from Mexico, Mom and I make a quick stop at Lens so I could get the rest of the fabric I needed to finish the Tuxie quilt. And with the long weekend, I was able to carve out some time to finish the top
It was orginally just suppose to be a lap quilt, but I got a little carried away. It's probably a little smaller than a twin-size quilt now.

And while we were at Lens, I took a quick boo around for something for the backing. I didn't really expect to find anything... but I should know better. I have the best luck with their clearance bins!
I got six yards of this fantastic leopard print with the exact right shade of pink! What are the chances?!? And the best part... it's flannel!

Mom and I have to do a batting run on payday, so this will go into the "to-quilt" queue for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's going to be so cute with the leopard print backing, and cuddly-cozy too.

Delighted Hands said...

What a great find! The backing doesn't always have to be such a great match but I love it when it can!

Tired Teacher said...

❤️ the backing fabric!

chrisknits said...

I love when a backing works out! Great combo of colors.

Araignee said...

Perfect finish!! It really is adorable.