Since the weather was so crappy this weekend, I decided to put the enforced indoor time to good use and finish up the Eternal Autumn quilt.
At first, I was optimistic and thought I could accomplish it all on Saturday. But it's much bigger than a baby blanket, and wrangling and pushing that much fabric through the machine is harder on the body than you might think. By late Saturday afternoon, it was apparent that I was going to have to break it up into two sessions.
However, early Sunday afternoon the quilting was done and I was comfortably ensconced on the couch with the quilt and my snoopervisor...
Not long after dinner... it was on the bed!
And I'm so pleased that I got to use the red floral fabric on the front of a quilt this time. It's such a pretty fabric, it deserves to be seen.
I'd planned to used the beige star fabric (second sashing from the centre) for the binding, but when it came time to cut it up, I was worried I wasn't going to have enough.
I had plenty of the striped backing fabric leftover though, so the binding it became! It was a good choice though - I love a good contrast in the binding ,and it look fabulous against the red floral.
With any luck, I'll be practicing some free-motion soon, and the next finished quilt you see may be a little bit fancier!