Sunday, April 1, 2018

Acquisitions

I'm supposed to be watching my pennies, but it's really hard when you've got a new hobby, and supplies are just so easy to buy online!

I think my letter carrier is silently cursing me, but it's just so exciting when that doorbell rings!
This little pile is a nice accumulation of some of my more recent splurges

1) The top layer cake was actually purchased just after my birthday in December (curse MSQ and those daily deals!)
It's a wonderful mix of red and brown, just perfect for another quilt for the bedroom. At the time, I wasn't sure which pattern to do, but over the last month I've settled on the Disappearing Hourglass pattern. Mom did one and it's gorgeous. But to do that, I needed a layer cake of plain fabric too, so I was waiting for another enticing daily deal to justify the shipping and exchange from the U.S.

But early last week Mom mentioned a sale on Craftsy... and wouldn't you know it, they had a nice creamy layer cake at a fabulous price! (more things jumped into that particular cart, but just hang on, I'll get to those...)

I'm going to square away a couple other projects, but I'm very excited about starting this one!

2) This charm pack (I got two actually) just spoke to me when it first came up on MSQ. I diligently waited for a daily deal, and then added them to my cart in February. The daily deal ended up getting back-ordered, but they sent the charm packs along right away.
These colours are just perfect for the living room (and apparently I have a thing for grand floral patterns), so I'm thinking it will be a nice quilt for my couch. No pattern in mind yet.

3) This Jelly Roll jumped into my Craftsy cart with the plain layer cake
Obviously there's a theme going on here... I didn't realize how close it was to the charm pack until I put the pictures up together...

4) This is the two yards of fabric I need to finish off the Deep Sea Stars quilt.
It was purchased with the charm pack, but got backordered too. It finally arrived last week. It will be nice to finish that top and get it up to Mom's for quilting.

5) And last, one final purchase for that Craftsy order
A rotating cutting mat! This is going to make squaring up blocks,  and putting together those disappearing hourglasses so much easier!

Now I really need to put the wallet away and get sewing!

6 comments:

Vera said...

You are going to be so busy, busy, busy!!! LOVE the blue fabric - gorgeous!

chrisknits said...

Me too. I just added 4 yards to the stah in one weekend! I need to stop.

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful fabrics! I've seen the rotating cutting mats but don't have one. I'm curious to hear if you like using it.

Mereknits said...

Gorgeous fabrics. Happy Easter!

Araignee said...

I love my rotating mat. I use it all the time. All that fabric is just beautiful. You've got quite a fabulous stash.

Delighted Hands said...

Yes, there is a color theme but it is beautiful and will bring you hours of pleasurable piecing!