Thursday, April 26, 2018

Dragonfly Gallery

I just couldn't wait to dive into those lovely new fabrics, so on the weekend, I started my Dragonfly Square-in-a-Square quilt.

If you follow the way Jenny from MSQ does it, you start by surrounding all of your blocks in the plain colour first, instead of building one block at a time. It makes a lot of sense, as it allows you to create sort of an assembly line. But, it's also a little boring. I just wanted to play with all those pretty batiks and match them up with my charm squares.

But, I powered through it, and after an afternoon of sewing, all the boring stuff was done

I had 42 squares ready to be paired with those beautiful batiks. Unfortunately, I only had time to finish six completed blocks before it was time to make dinner.
But what beautiful blocks they are! With this particular charm pack and jelly roll, they remind me of matted and framed works of art... so I'm calling this quilt Dragonfly Gallery.

I can't wait to frame up some more works of art!

7 comments:

chrisknits said...

This will be gorgeous! Such pretty shades in those fabrics.

Araignee said...

That is going to be amazing!!!

Eastside Cats said...

I agree they do look like framed art!

Anonymous said...

Those fabrics are spectacular!

I love purple with green!

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful fabrics and beautiful blocks!

kathy b said...

Nice nice job Val. The purples are just lovely. I admire your sewing AND your knititng. And your gardening.
No sign of lupine for me here.....sigh. I really wanted them. But other things are coming up!

Delighted Hands said...

Superb! I love the combination of fabrics-you are going to enjoy every step of this quilt!