Wednesday, April 11, 2018

FO: Cygnet

True to my word, I had Miss Rowan's shrug off the needles and on the blocking board by Friday night. Sunday morning, I added the buttons and sewed in the ends...
It gave me fits trying to photograph it though. My child-sized hangers were too small, but my adult-sized hangers were too big.
It just doesn't look as nice laid out flat on the ground, but it will have to do until I can get some modeled shots.
The yarn is Island Yarn's Pagoda - a blend of merino and bamboo. The bamboo content is pretty high, so it's very silky and slippery. It has a nice drape though. I'm still not overly thrilled with the crazy pooling, but I can live with it.
Some heart buttons from the stash finished this one off nicely.

As mentioned previously, it's my Cygnus pattern, sized down. I will definitely be knitting another one, because I've wanted to make a Littles version of Cygnus for a long time.

But for now, I'm turning my attention to a never-ending man sock...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rowan is going to ♥ it!!!! Congrats.

Araignee said...

It turned out lovely. The buttons are just the perfect finishing touch.

Vera said...

I think this turned out great - even the pooling - it almost looks kind of tie=dyed. It is going to look so cute on her - can't wait to see the "for real" photos!!

chrisknits said...

It is adorable! Can't wait to see modeled shots.

Tired Teacher said...

It's adorable! The pooling won't be noticeable when she's wearing it.

Eastside Cats said...

Furrever socks....

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Very nice. I like the pooling and the buttons too! It's all good! I don't envy you with the never ending man socks though. ;-)

Delighted Hands said...

This little shrug is a great finish! Nice work!

kathy b said...

I agree with all, the buttons are perfect!!! Nice finish VAL!!!

Judy S. said...

Very sweet! Now we need a photo of her wearing it. The buttons are just perfect.