Sunday, April 29, 2018

Buds and blooms

Finally!
We have our first bloom! A happy little mini daffy. I bought a pot full of them at the end of spring last year, and put the bulbs in the garden in the fall. And now they've bloomed! There's another one opening up just a little ways down the garden - and in a few years, there will be lots of them!
The Red Dwarf Columbine won't be too far behind.
Same with the purple Pasque flower.  These both get lots of sun, so as soon as the weather warms up, they really take off.

I was getting impatient waiting for the daffodil to finally open up, so a trip to the Farmer's Market last Tuesday had me bringing home these cheery Gerberas
And the little potted Gerbera is coming right along
The funky Kalanchoe is still blooming too
And the white Christmas cactus is a little confused on the season..
But any bloom is a good bloom. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a vivid green thumb! Love the mini daff!

Smudge said...

Ahhhh, beauty and nature abound! Gorgeous pix all around. Happy Sunday to you!

Vera said...

So good to finally see blooms, isn't it? Those Gerberas are so pretty.

chrisknits said...

I love Gerberas!! Those colors are just gorgeous.

Araignee said...

Woo hoo....my daffies just finished their bloomfest. The violets are doing their thing but I am waiting on the lily of valleys. It got cold again. Booooo.....but I hope for another warm up next week.

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful blooms - still none here, but I did see some blooming crab trees at a tree farm on Saturday. I'm ready for some colorful flowers.

Delighted Hands said...

How exciting to have Spring start to drop the color bombs, finally!

kathy b said...

Keep them coming! I'm so much farther south than you , and I've only got the little yellow woods flower blooming. But more will come!! I think Ive given up on the lupine coming back........oh well. Im on our porch and its in the 70s!!! Im a happy girl