Friday, March 28, 2014

And now for some knitting.... and sabotage...

I've decided to leave the painting until Sunday, when I can devote the whole day to it if need be. So tonight, I turned my attention back to my new sock design
It's coming along nicely, if a little more slowly than I'm used to. I prefer to knit the Panda silk to a tighter tension, so these are being done with a 2 mm needle. It slows things down, but the fabric is just perfect.
I've rounded the heel so I'm on the home stretch.

In the gardening corner, I've run into a bit of a snag. Or perhaps two snags, because I'm not really sure who is responsible.

This morning I came down to find both Peno and Rocky chomping away on the cat grass. I can't really blame them - it is for them after all... it's just not quite ready yet. I moved it to the top of the fish tank where they can't get it but it can still get some light to grow.

Unfortunately, there's not enough room there for the rest of the plants.
See where the saran wrap is all squished together? Those are deep indentations.. FROM CAT PAWS!!! Someone was standing in my seed trays!

I have a feeling I'm going to have to clean the studio this week and move these upstairs behind a closed door....
The sunflowers are doing fabulous though... which means Rocky will probably start eating them if I don't get them moved!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

UH OH --- somebody is going face big trouble if THAT doesn't stop. LOL

Unknown said...

First of all the socks, the color, the pattern...all fabulous. Really pretty!!

Then, I see the cats are wanting to help with the spring planting, in their own way, of course. Nice they are interested... but I understand why you wish they weren't!

Delusional Knitter said...

Hahaha! That's why we only have three plants in my house - 2 are in the bathroom on a shelf that's about 5 3/4 feet up (taller than me) and the other is in my computer/yarn room. Love the socks, the pattern looks great!

lexa said...

I bought some seeds last weekend. I always plant yellow and green beans (love them just washed off, no cooking!) and zucchini. I also bought some tomato seeds to start inside. If they don't work I'll go to the local greenhouse and buy some already started when the time comes. I've got big 18-wheeler tires that were no good to us any more that I have filled with dirt in two different places in the yard. One spot is for flowers, the other I put veggies. The zucchini gets CRAZY, the tires draw so much heat. I haven't tried tomatoes in it yet, but everyone says they'll love the heat and should grow like bad weeds. :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I guess you can't really match up the cat prints.... Unless you start coating the Saran Wrap with powdered sugar

Araignee said...

My cats ate most of my seedlings last year. It was such a pain trying to find a place to hide all the trays every night. I really wish I had a heated greenhouse.