Sunday, March 9, 2014

Record-breaking Sunday

Since I'm car-less and stuck in the house, I might as well knit right? Well knit I did...
Yep - Promise Me is on the blocking board. Just four short days to finish - my fastest record yet. Admittedly, it's a pretty small shawlette - maybe 70 inches wide, but only 15 or so inches deep.

I find the crescent shawls seem to knit faster than the triangle shawls too. The load of stocknit at the start makes a difference too. 

For once, I knit a pattern completely as written.
I probably would have had enough yarn to do another repeat of the lace pattern, but I didn't want to chance it.

This one has an optional picot bind-off, and I was considering it, but my patience just wasn't up to it today.

I do love how much of a difference blocking makes. Everything just opens up and it looks completely different.

But now the project is done, and I still have the whole evening to knit. Do I be a good girl and work on one of my UFOs... or go crazy and cast on for something new?

Decisions, decisions...




5 comments:

Rachelle said...

The shawl looks lovely! I'm going to be starting something new, found some purple yarn in the stash this afternoon and wound it into a ball. I think there might be a labrador theme on this little item if I can pull it off, and then I want to knit a Strokkur for me.

kathy b said...

Gorgeous. I need to learn to love the art of blocking soon

Unknown said...

Wow, Valerie, I don't know how you knit these projects up so quickly. Those needles must be smokin'! More importantly, the shawlette is absolutely beautiful.

elns said...

The shawl is beautiful. That's an amazing turn around! Nicely Done :)

Unknown said...

So I am thinking cast on for something new won? Lovely shawl!! I always chance it and then end up short of yarn. Then I get creative and borrow a similar yarn from stash and finish it off.