Thursday, March 6, 2014

What a week

It's been one heck of a week at Chez Wandering Cat.

Monday, my boss dropped the bomb that's she's leaving her role - she's staying with the company, but will be in a different department at a different location. If this sounds like deja vu, it's because my boss before her left about this time last year....

The same day, my car started making some funny noises. When Dave got home, he told me not to drive it far, so Tuesday morning, I limped it to the garage. My mechanic diagnosed it by the end of the day. He said it would be okay to drive for a few days while he ordered some parts, and I got some cash together.

But yesterday on the way home, the noises changed and it got scarier, so back up she went this morning and I'm stuck working from home for the rest of the week.

Hopefully she'll be running smoothly by the weekend - but I'll be a heck of a lot poorer.

The cats however, are having a lovely week
Though it's still quite cold out, it's been nice and sunny and they are taking full advantage of that.

As for me - I'm just going to keep knitting...

I've started the Promise Me shawl in some nice bright spring green Top Cat (colour is verdant) - because cashmere makes everything better... right?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe knitting with that nice spring green will remind Mother Nature that she should be playing nicer. ;-)

I know what you mean about car problems......Toyota two weeks ago and Mustang last week ---- then the cold water feed to the water heater burst and flooded the garage. I think we BOTH may be ready for this winter to be OVER! LOL

Anonymous said...

P.S. Hope YOUR car is feeling better soon.

Araignee said...

Poor you. At least you've got happy kitties to chase away the blues-and really pretty yarn!

lexa said...

We never get a step ahead without taking five back. Hope your car gets fixed quickly!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Scary car noises? Sounds like a belt! Been there, done that! Hopefully they fix it quick and cheap.

So, it takes about a year for you to drive away your boss?! Kidding! LOL!

See, now that I see that green I KNOW I picked the right prize in the KAL ... looks like Spring! And yes, a bit of cashmere never hurts :)

Rachelle said...

Cashmere makes everything better! Hope your car is cheaper than you expect.

Unknown said...

Car trouble is no fun.. At those times you realize how much and how often you rely on those things.. Hope it won't cost too much! Your kitties look lovely, lounging in the sun!

kathy b said...

Oh that green is amazing! The cats look very content.

MIne want it to get warm enough to get out on their porch. They have missed their little patch of fresh air daily…its been months. but soon….

Unknown said...

Yes!! Cashmere makes everything better! I hope the car repairs are not too terribly expensive. But, you've got to have a reliable vehicle!

Ahhh, the life of one of your cats... what car? what problem? just feel that warm sun? Oh, don't forget to get me some fresh water...

Unknown said...

We dodged a bullet with Hubster's car. He took it in for new tires, thank you tax refund check!, and when he got it back the power steering noise was gone. That thing had been moaning for 2 years now. We were sure it was going out. He looked over the bill and they didn't charge us for any PS work, but the noise is gone? Thank you mechanic!! Hope your car is back on the road soon.