Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Black magic and blizzards

They say be careful what you wish for... and I was wishing for a storm to blow in and take care of all that unsightly bunny poo in my back yard...
Screw you Mother Nature!
However, this is not exactly what I had in mind.... especially when Dave is over and hour and a half a way and there's no hope in hell of him coming home to shovel....

That snow drift is almost up to the bottom of the bird feeder, which is at least three feet of the ground (and it's still snowing...). Sigh.. so much for spring...

But it did mean a work-from-home day. And work-from-home days mean two extra hours of knitting since I don't have to commute. So, the body of Lestrange is officially done
Phew! Glad to be done!
The designer doesn't actually call for blocking at this stage, but I know from experience, it's far easier to block in pieces than it is the full garment.

Now I have to find the piece of the pattern that has the sleeve chart... it's mysteriously disappeared. If I can't locate it, I'll have to wait until I get into work to print it out again.

In other news, I've announced our next KAL in the Ravelry group. It's a Game of Thrones KAL to celebrate the upcoming Season four!

The winner will be able to choose one of these awesome skeins of Twisted Slinky Cat (dyed in the colours of Daenerys' dragons)
Viserion, Rhaegal, and Drogon
There may be some for sale in the near future too. And both my Daenerys shawl pattern
Here be dragons! Rawr!
 And my Riverrun sock pattern
Perfect man socks!
are both on sale for 50% off until the KAL starts.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We were at 72 yesterday and then had snow flurries this afternoon! But thanks to the hear it didn't stick. Love the LeStrange!!!

Rachelle said...

Lestrange is looking great! Our weather is hot today, but preparing to go custard like on the weekend. Probably more flooding for those who got hit the other week unfortunately.

elns said...

You are so right about blocking the pieces before seaming. The LeStrange is looking LeAwesome.

I admit to being very excited for season 4. I've been trolling the internet and sending my husband and friends links on new info on how the writers for both the show and the books plan on progressing. We are dangerously close to the series catching up with the books.

Unknown said...

Oh noooo, lots of drifted snooooow! So sorry.

The Lestrange looks so beautiful blocked. I'd say it's a show stopper. Can't wait to see the next photo of progress. The shawl, the socks...fabulous!! And the yard...how fun to dye it with a theme in mind.

kathy b said...

I love the yellow yarn~!!! PRetty pretty patterns. you are a talent

lexa said...

I am playing!!

We got monsoon rain last night through the night and very strong winds. We've got a flash freeze warning now, it was +8C this morning, suppertime when I got off work it was 0C, and this evening it's supposed to drop to -9C, so all that rain water is going to freeze. T&L are stuck at the Quebec/NB border, the highway was shut down because of the snow. I haven't talked to them in 3 hours, I don't know if they are moving yet or not.