Saturday, March 22, 2014

Think spring

It's still cold. It's still grey. It's still winter - regardless of what the calendar says.

But it's spring in the dye studio
Mom 's been busy making things bloom and she just loaded these beauties (along with a few others) into the shop. They are Gerbera, Delphinium and Johnny Jump Up.

Meanwhile, I'm invoking spring with the socks I'm knitting for Delusional Knitter's Spring Sock KAL.
A new design - white lace, leaves - soft and feminine... it's feeling warmer already!

What are you doing to bring on spring?

7 comments:

Araignee said...

I want winter back. It was 70 and sunny here today and I am NOT ready to bare anything in the light of day yet. Everything's been covered up too long and it just feels too weird....It's going to be cold again next week, thank goodness. I need more time to adjust.

Monika said...

Those are lovely Spring colors, I'd like to have on of each please. ;o)

Come Thursday Winter will be over here, and I'm with Araignee, and I'm not looking forward to the mud, and heat. But we had a good Winter for once.

Anonymous said...

Eating asparagus by the boat load!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Just love the flowery colours. I've given up on waiting for Spring, so we're heading south next week to go find Spring weather for ourselves!

Unknown said...

Love those colors!! Especially the Gerbera, which I adore. Hmm, need to see if the stash can take another skein? LOL!

Delusional Knitter said...

Love that Johnny Jump Up colorway - pansies and violas are my FAVORITE flowers!

Delusional Knitter said...

I had no idea there were that many different sunflowers! Lovely painting!! Wow! One of my favs is primroses - I'm not sure they are perennials (I thought they were annuals) - but ours come back every year.