Monday, March 3, 2014

Sheeped

I've got another FO to show you. This one was not knit by me, but Mom.
Sheep Heid by Kate Davies. Mom fell in love with the pattern and immediately set to dyeing up some Alley Cat in the proper colours. The pattern was designed to showcase the natural colours of Shetland sheep, but Mom and I both agreed - the hat needed a little more pop.
What's better than burgundy sheep? The hat ended up being a little to small for Mom, so I got to keep it as a modelling fee.
If you want one like it, you're in luck - Mom put together some kits with the same colours (Pattern available through Ravelry.)

Or you could make a doggy coat... 

11 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome! What an awesome sheepy hat!!

Rachelle said...

It looks stunning, but that's not surprising. I love that pattern, but I think the one I'll knit will be the Scatness Tam or Caller Herrin cos I've got those patterns.

Bridget said...

I love it. I just wish I hadn't put myself on a yarn diet until MD Sheep and Wool ...

lexa said...

Nice!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute! But I am sure I have never seen burgundy sheep. I think?

Unknown said...

Fantastic hat...and I love the colors that you and your mom chose! What a great pattern!

kathy b said...

gorgeous hat gorgeous you

CelticCastOn said...

I was just going to say you need to do kits with those colours.
Lucky you getting to keep it. It suits you so well.

Araignee said...

This is one of my favorite patterns. It looks great on you! I've got too much hair for mine.

Frieda said...

Love it and so lucky for you that it fits you perfectly ! Gotta say you can wear just about any hat and look gorgeous .

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I love that pattern! Your mother did a beautiful job on it and you look beautiful in it! Lucky girl!