Tuesday, March 4, 2014

FO: Funiculaire


Funiculaire is finished.
I was going to wait until I had some daylight to take better pictures - but I probably won't get a chance until Saturday, so I decided just to do a couple quick selfies and share now.
 
This one took longer than I expected - I'm not sure why. It's not the best written pattern, but for someone who's knit a few hats, and is not afraid to fudge a few things it's easy enough to work through.And it was a freebie, so I can't complain.

The hat band is knit first, back and forth. Then the stitches are picked up and the rest of the hat is knit in the round.
I personally love this style of slouchy hat, and even though the Fat Cat is the exact same colour  (colourway is Bay Leaf) as my eyes, this hat is not for me. It's a birthday present and I'll be sending it off next week.

And did you notice the button?
What a hoot!

11 comments:

Frieda said...

Beautiful and very becoming , are you sure you want to give it away ? Lucky recipient ...

Unknown said...

Cute hat, but that button is the cutest!! A lovely gift for anyone.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Now that's an awesome button. Stop knitting berets! They look terrible on me, but I so love the look of them! JEALOUS!

kathy b said...

Love that owl!!!! button is amazing. Great knit up

Unknown said...

Nicely done...and love the owl button!

elns said...

It looks great. I love the shape of the hat. The recipient is very lucky! I love the bayleaf colorway even though it's not so hot my skintone either. But thankfully I don't have to wear something to enjoy knitting with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH ----- that button is awesome. Cute hat too!

lexa said...

Cute! Love that owl! :)

Araignee said...

Very sophisticated! Love that button.

Rachelle said...

It's a lovely hat; I'm more of a sage green person than bay, but it looks great in that hat. I adore the button, but I loved owls even before they became popular

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful! Love the owl!!