Saturday, March 15, 2014

FO: Promise Me

Yes... Promise Me that spring is on it's way.... pleeeeeeeeeeeease!
Because it was still pretty darn chilly when I was taking pictures of the Promise Me shawl today!
Windy too - I had to work fast!
As mentioned before. I'm very pleased with how this one turned out. I didn't even make any mods, which is very unusual for me.
This one knit up fast - only four days to knit (well really, two evenings and a weekend). Though it is a little on the small side. It's going to be just perfect for the recipient, who is very petite. This one was knit in Top Cat. The colour is Verdant, and it's a skein that's been hanging around for a couple of years. 
I'd planned to make socks with it, but never got around to it. When I went stash-diving for something to make this shawl, I knew it would be perfect. And by lucky chance, I had just the right green beads to go with it - a nice dark green with a gold foil centre, thar echoed the yellow tones perfectly. It was obviously meant to be.

10 comments:

kathy b said...

I love love love the beadwork and the St. Pats green

Anonymous said...

It WAS meant to be. It is a beautiful shawlette and the beads are gorgeous. Congratulations on a wonderful finish and to the lucky recipient.

Delusional Knitter said...

Gorgeous! Love the beads, they are perfect for it! We have chipmunks outside and the gold finches are turning yellow again ... yay Spring!!

Rachelle said...

It's lovely. We're definitely in autumn over here; the leaves are changing and it's horribly wet here today.

Araignee said...

It's beautiful! That green is just perfect for that pattern. She is going to love it. Lucky her!

Unknown said...

Ooooh what a pretty FO! The green is so vivid, an amazing color for spring weather! C'mon Spring!

Samantha said...

What a lovely shawl. :) I think I need a blue one ... or maybe brown ... LOL

Unknown said...

I think you are ushering in Spring with this beautiful green shawl. What a gorgeous knit!!

Frieda said...

What a glorious green , love It !

Unknown said...

Spectacular.
and thanks for the snail mail. I loved them. You are very sweet.
A.