Friday, March 21, 2014

At last...

Stella is back in the driveway and I couldn't be happier. She's riding better and purring like the very growly kitten she is. And she smells like motor oil and hand cleaner - I love it! (Strange, I know... but my grandfather was a mechanic, Dad and Dave are both car guys - car smells smell like happiness to me!)

Mom picked her up for me, so I didn't get to speak to my mechanic, but he'll be getting a great big giant thank-you on Monday.

And... last night Dave stayed at his Mom's, so I didn't have to cook. I ate chips and cookies for dinner and managed to finish up the first sleeve.
It's finally on the blocking board. I'll start the second one this weekend, I've just got to wind up another skein of yarn.

And even the second rainbow glove got a little love today.
I'm past the cables and almost ready to put the thumb stitches on a holder. I was hoping to have this finished last weekend, but it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe by the end of the month...?

10 comments:

Araignee said...

Glad to hear your car troubles are behind you! Chips and cookies are my favorite dinner. I'd kill for some chips right now. None in the junk food stash. I'm going to have to do something about that.

Rachelle said...

Glad Stella's back; there's nothing like your own car. Mine's going in for a service on Wednesday, hoping she's not too expensive!
Halfway through the sleeves, a very good point to be at :)

Frieda said...

Good news that Stella is back where she belongs , hope it didn't set you back too much . Car repairs can add up pretty quickly . Happy knitting this weekend !

Unknown said...

Yeah for happy car back at home! Can't wait to see LeStrange all put together.

Unknown said...

Oh, I know it is a relief to get your car back and having it running well again!

Love the lacy sleeve...beautiful.

And the rainbow mitt...coming right along. Happy knitting this weekend!

lexa said...

My old while wagon is going to the garage on Monday for about a month for them to fix the exhaust, broken spring, do the body work... then she will be what Hubs drives back and forth to the city to go to work in the big rig. I will have to drive her once in awhile on the weekends, lol. The Blazer will mostly sit all summer, and before fall she has to go get some body work done, too. (As well as a new wheel bearing a week from this Monday.) It's always something, isn't it? :)

kathy b said...

Chips and cookies for dinner. Hooray!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Thank goodness Stella is back! I hate being without wheels!

Geez, I just had a healthy dinner and now I'm craving chips :(

Delusional Knitter said...

Glad Stella is back! Cookies and chips - sounds like my kinda dinner!!! Love that rainbow yarn.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Stella. Glad your baby is back home and running well.

I am a big fan of that rainbow yarn too. VERY pretty.