Sunday, March 30, 2014

Here comes the sun

I'm pretty sure Mother Nature has been hanging out with the Toronto mayor... some serious crack smoking in the only explaination for today's weather.

First, we woke up to this...
I'd thought we'd seen the last of the white stuff, but apparently not. Mom, who's about 30 minutes southeast of me got even more.

But, then the sun came out and it melted in a few hours. In fact, it's quite warm out - a balmy nine degrees, so naturally the kids and I had to go out and soak up some sun.Grass was munched
 Escape routes were furtively scouted...
 
 ...then abandoned for some nice warm dirt to lay in when he remember that Ifeed and love him on a regular basis.
Back inside...
if the sunflowers grew any quicker, I think I'd actually see them growing. The only thing that has outpaced them is the cat grass.
I'm going to have to get some more seed because these too pots are going to get gobbled up fast.

Oh - and the painting is done.
Finally! Now... back to the knitting!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some happy cats!!! But, 9 degrees and they were outside??? Oh wait --- is that fahrenheit or celcius? Is it cold?

The painting turned out lovely. Congrats!

Araignee said...

Your fairy is lovely!
We have had a cold, rainy, snowy and windy weekend. I made a big dent in the couch and ran through my Netflix queue but other than that-not a thing to show for it. I hope my March funk doesn't keep going into April.

Rachelle said...

I love the painting; hope it's well loved by the recipient.

Unknown said...

That's such a pretty painting, and you finished it so quickly!

We've had some 'crackweather' in the Netherlands too, I even went to the beach!

What a lovely idea to grow your own sunflowers, how do you grow your own catgrass? I'd love to grow some for my Nala as well.. Your furry babies seem to absolutely love being outside, I so love looking at pictures of them!

Unknown said...

Yeah, we've got crazy weather here too. I'm glad the sun came out and warmed the backyard enough for the "kids" to get out and enjoy the grass. And the painting ...wow...fantastic job.

kathy b said...

The painting is amazing!!
!

dont' your cats barf from the grasses?? Mine do ;( Is there a secret

Delusional Knitter said...

Same here - though we are not TOO far away in terms of weather distance. We had rain all weekend, then it was sleet/snow, then sunny and melting. Love the painting, it came out great!!!

lexa said...

All of Nova Scotia is under a freezing rain warning for tonight into tomorrow morning. We've had heavy rainfall warnings for the past 48+ hours, the fire department has been out for the past couple of days pumping basements. Our yard has a bunch of water in the big driveway. (I'm so glad our flooding problem was rectified, and we've got a sump pump for backup now, just in case.) Some people's yards look like swimming pools. But at least all that snow we got last week (the kids had two days off in a row from school) is gone except for snow plow banks. :)