Saturday, March 29, 2014

Buttered up

Spring is still taking is sweet time getting here...
Mr. Squirrel is doing okay though - thoroughly enjoying the peanuts we've been leaving for him.

Inside spring has sprung on my socks.

I got the first Panda Silk sock finished up and I couldn't be happier with it. 

It's nice and snug and as you know, I just love white lace.

And as you can see, it has a little secret... the back panel is different from the front.

I liked that back so much that I've brought home a special skein of Alley Cat in Buttered
I'll be making a full-length sock in the back pattern with this, and releasing them together as a pattern set....

Now I just have to come up with some pattern names.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty --- maybe you could name them "The Last Touch of Winter"

kathy b said...

Love the heel flap !!! Great socks!

Delusional Knitter said...

Don't you love that - sometimes I am so focused on a main pattern, then I see a smaller one in the work that I like even better, LOL!

Unknown said...

Hello Mr. Squirrel! What a cutie!
The Panda Silk sock looks amazing, the white lace is amazing indeed!

Rachelle said...

They're gorgeous. I'd name them "Snowdrops" and "Snow Prints" as the second one reminds me of animal prints in the snow.