Tuesday, May 9, 2017

FO: Summer grazing - modified

As I mentioned yesterday, the sheepie socks are done.
The pattern is Summer Grazing, but mine are a heavily modified version. The original pattern appears excessively long (they almost look like slouch socks). I was also using leftovers, so I wanted to make sure I had enough (I cut it pretty close on the green). I think the end result is pretty cute. (My modified chart is on my project page.)

I used a mix of our yarns... Jungle Cat, Alley Cat Falkland, Regular Alley Cat, Barn Cat and Twinkle Cat.

And I got them done ahead of my deadline, so they are more than ready to gift on the weekend. Now... onto that deadline shawl...

7 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

These would be a great pair of socks at this length-excellent work at balancing the amount of yarn you had with the great design!

Vera said...

These are so fun! They turned out great and I really like how you modified them length-wise.

kathy b said...

I think anklet socks are perfect. Why hide that amazing stitch work under pants? Love love love them

Bridget said...

Perfect! This is so inspiring to me.

elns said...

I love them! All those "cats" combined into beautiful sheep socks. Thank you for sharing your mods!

Araignee said...

So cute! I saw a hat made with that pattern at the MDSW and it won a ribbon.

Rachelle said...

They turned out really well, I've got a similar pattern in my queue, pity there are so many other things that need doing first as I now have a very strong hankering for sheepy socks.