Monday, May 29, 2017

Random-osity

Just some random things going on...

Random thing one:
This is Buddy.
Buddy lives next door, but his leash is long enough that he can cross the common area between our houses and peek around my fence.
He's about five years old and an absolute sweetheart.
And an absolute fool.

Random thing two:

On Saturday, my Sister-in-Law and nieces picked me up for a day of shopping. Miss Pee is also in Grade 8 and graduating this year. She doesn't want a shawl, but she did want my help to pick out a dress.

Four malls, six hours, and seven km of walking later, we finally found it.
It's not a dress I would have expected her to pick, but she is absolutely thrilled with it! They grow up way too fast (thankfully, Miss Rowan still has a couple years before she hits highschool).

Random thing three:
While dress searching, I accidentally bought one for myself too.
It was on a mannequin in the window of a new shop called Torrid (well, new to Canada, apparently it's been around the U.S. for a while). Move over Old Navy... I think I'm in love.

I also think this dress needs a new cardigan and that big skein of handspun Mom just gave me will be just perfect...

Random thing four:
We're going to have some new neighbours soon
 This utility box thingy (it has something to do with the phones) blew open in a storm last year. I closed it, but couldn't quite get it closed all the way. There was still a gap at the top. And some enterprising Starlings have taken full advantage.

 
 I've been checking on them almost every day...
But we're still at the egg stage. I'll keep you posted.

Random thing five:

Property management has asked that we not feed the birds over the summer, so I got a hanging basket to hang on the hook where the feeder normally resides
I found a nice big Gerbera plant to fill the center and surrounded it with trailing Petunias and a couple marigolds. It makes me smile every time I look at it. I think I need more hanging baskets...

What's a random thing happening in your world?

7 comments:

Araignee said...

So many good things to comment on. That sparkly dress....va va voom!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Valerie, just catching up on your posts after a weekend spent outside. Wasn't yesterday beautiful???
Your gardens look fantastic. I have $60.00 in loyalty points too...maybe a trip to the No Frills garden centre should be on my list this week!
Looking forward to seeing your new bird babies. We have quite a few around the yards. Your new hanging basket is lovely.
Glad your kitty continues to improve. He does have a bit of a Siamese look to his face,
Have a good day, stay dry!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Why don't they want you to feed the birds?

kathy b said...

Random:

Love all your flowers.
BIrd eggs! so fun~ keep us posted

random:
listening to Steve Martin and Edie Brickell music.....wonderful

Delighted Hands said...

Fun shopping and to see the eggs! What a nice post!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Well first off I love this post! Buddy looks like a riot and I know how much stamina it takes to keep up with young girls dress shopping. Nice job accidently buying a new dress....I'll have to check out Torrid it's new to me too. And how fun will watching the egg progress be?!

Mereknits said...

Love all the wonderful random things. That dress is an 8th grader dream! Love your new one too by the way.