Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Wedding gold

As mentioned previously, I've got a couple deadline projects on the go. One is the sheepy socks, and the second is a wedding shawl for a coworker.

She's having a traditional Indian wedding - two days, three elaborate outfits; one peach, one coral, and one red and gold. I decided to make a shawl to go with the red and gold ensemble.
The pattern is Crimson Blossom by Romi Hill. I'm using Slinky Cat (my FAVE!!!) in Yellow Brick Road. The pattern isn't beaded, but I love the weight and drape they add to a shawl, so I'm beading this one.
 I normally like to do contrasting beads, but red beads on this one gave it too much of a McDonald's vibe. These dark topaz ones work much better, and provide a nice touch of sparkle.

I'm already through the first two charts (There are six) so I'm well on track for its end of July deadline. I do, however, have to get back to those sheepy socks!

8 comments:

Araignee said...

Indian weddings are so fun. Daughter went to one in January. Her hubby was best man and his outfits were crazy!

Araignee said...

I had to go look up that shawl.....WOW!!!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gorgeous colour, gorgeous yarn, gorgeous beads and a gorgeous pattern!
Your coworker's gonna love it!!

Delighted Hands said...

Gorgeous! I love the addition of the beads and so will the bride!

kathy b said...

Oh my goodness. I love the start in gold. It is going to be a fabulous gift. Perhaps I should remarry Fireman

elns said...

You are such a good friend! Slinky Cat. Just the name is a dream. Anyhow, I love the topaz/gold combination. That detail photo with the beads is GREAT.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Well that's just full out gorgeous!!! I just checked out the pattern and it looks scary complicated. It's just going to be beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Lovely! The beads are especially nice - subtle, but just enough sparkle to really do something. It's going to look amazing with a sari.