Monday, June 1, 2015

G'Nomeo is Homeo

Some readers may remember G'Nomeo from last year. (You can read his story here) And they may wonder why they haven't seen him out and about yet.

Well - part of theat is because I was considering refreshing his paint job (I've decided to leave it until next year - I like his weathered look). And the other part is because I destroyed his home. When I ripped out the bushes, I knew I was going to have to find a new place for him. The lilies out front would be ideal - but to be honest,  I'm terrified of someone stealing him.

But the other day, when I showed the picture of my mushrooms, my former boss asked how G'Nomeo liked them.. and I was ashamed to admit he was still hanging out under the dining room table with the cat.

I knew I had to make a decision. And I did
The Queen Elizabeth rose is the biggest of all the roses - the only one grand enough to give him a little shade. And from there he can watch over the whole yard. And keep an eye on the sunflowers as they grow.

And are they ever growing
I planted several seeds, just to ensure I got at least one plant.. and it looks like all of them sprouted. I guess I'm going to have to do some thinning.

And I planted these ones because I didn't think any in the bee garden had come back. But now, I'm thinking I might be wrong....
These two at the back are starting to look more and more like sunflowers. Time will tell I guess.

6 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

He looks very happy next to the rose :)

Araignee said...

He looks very handsome-and happy to be there!

kathy b said...

I love your rock surround. Perfect natural idea. Ill have to try that so Fireman does not pull my cosmos

Anonymous said...

G'Nomeo looks quite content in his new place.

Rachelle said...

I still miss the gnome I had sometimes, suspect my parents might have left him behind "by accident" when we moved islands. He, like your Gnomeo was a non-tacky gnome. Maybe one day I'll find another.

Unknown said...

G'Nomeo looks pretty happy to be out in the garden! Cute!