Tuesday, June 16, 2015

In for the long haul

I was so pleased when I finally got back to Missandei last Thursday, to discover that I was only six rows away from the planned cast off.

I was so sure I'd have it done by the end of the weekend. And come Saturday evening, I was ready to start the cast off.

I knew it wasn't going be a quick one. I wanted to do a knit on lace edge, but it was only a wee one... just five stitches wide.

I started enthusiastically!
Wasn't it just so pretty? Exactly what I'd imagined! (I love it when that happens). So I knit, and knit and knit... Dave and I have taken to watching documentaries, so we spent the evening watching Betanny Hughes' take on the ancient world. By bedtime, I was sure I'd ready to block...
Not even close. In fact, I wasn't even halfway.

And as much as I would have liked to spend Sunday doing nothing but knitting, there's this terrible thing called housework that had been piling up... and gotten to the point where even I couldn't stand it any more. I got a substantial amount done.... but come Monday evening, I still had an hour or two left.... but I kept at it and....
.... it's finally blocking. Thank goodness!

There's still a few days left on the KAL, but I probably won't have an FO post for this one until after the weekend. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

kathy b said...

It is simply stunning ! You are an amazing knitter

Araignee said...

Oh...my....goodness. That is spectacular!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, that's beautiful!

Rachelle said...

It is very pretty and those short bind offs always take longer than expected due to all the turning. It was worth it though.