Monday, June 22, 2015

Potted

While everything in the garden is pretty well established now, there were still a few things that needed my attention
While I liked the concept of the salad bowl I bought, I found the lettuces in it were quite bitter. When the Arugula started to bolt, I knew I'd have to replace some of then anyway, so I got some seeds of a sweeter variety and planted them in the planter this weekend. I'm not sure how long they will take to sprout... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A local realtor likes to send out promotional items about once a month - note pads, magnets, etc... and last month, she sent out seeds
So they got potted on the weekend too!
... in the cutest little terra cotta pots from the dollar store.
I had some cat grass seeds kicking around too.
So they got potted too. I figured this would be an ideal way to give them to the cats. When they eat down one pot, I can swap it out for another and let it recover and regrow. Those pots are also from the dollar store - just a little bit bigger than the others
And just as cute.

So they are all lined up on the patio table, waiting for the sun to do its work...
 So much for using the table for dinner!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good! Cat grass? Haven't heard of that, but what a great idea.

kathy b said...

Oh I love when we plant as the season goes along. I just planted more cosmos for the fall. Im afraid the ones I planted a month ago won't keep on going....so I had some oranges and yellows in a packet that should look great this fall around pumpkin time

Anonymous said...

Well ......consider the table as preparation for FUTURE dinners.

Araignee said...

I can't wait to see what pops up in those pots. My pots are sitting here empty again this year. It's been too hot to care about what's going on outside. Tomorrow: 99 :(