Thursday, June 18, 2015

Rabbit hole

No... not that one... but isn't he cute?

No... I've gone down the rabbit hole of a different type.... quilting. I blame Mangofeet. She's been quilting and flashing her beautiful work all over the internets. And then Mom came to me last week... there was a quilt shop by her house that she just had to check out (she'd been pondering a return to quilting for a while now....

And for as long as I can remember, I've always wanted a quilt with a bear paw pattern. And since no one is going to make it for me...
I got some fat quarters (in a suitably foresty theme), and dug up a bear paw pattern from one of Mom's old quilting magazines. Now I just have to make some time for cutting and piecing. One thing that makes this more attractive is that the shop offers long-arm quilting at a very reasonable price. Because we all know how my last attempt at that went...


6 comments:

Araignee said...

Oh........I'm in love with that fabric. You are so right about the machine quilting. It's no fun.

Anonymous said...

Veerrrrrry interesting! Can't wait to see this worked up. (Maybe you could quit working to have time for all your projects. LOL)

kathy b said...

Oh I love the Bear Paw pattern. It will be lovely

Unknown said...

Good for you!! Your choice of fabrics should work up well. Now I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the quilt!

Rachelle said...

You're right, it is another rabbit hole. I have a quilting stash as well as the knitting/weaving/sewing/spinning stashes. I've got a few quilts in my head, and one in the drawer as well, need to get back to it, but not till I've found the studio again; too much stuff in there.

gayle said...

Yay!! Welcome to the dark side!
Lovely fabrics! Your quilt will be luscious.