Sunday, June 7, 2015

Oops... I did it again

Yes. I caved. I gave into the dreaded startitis. But in my defence, Missandei was in a time out, I've got serious second sock syndrome on Sagittarius.... and Sherlock is all stockknit. I need something a little more satisfying.

So I dug out a skein of handspun that Mom spun up just for me. It's a gradient that goes from green to yellow to green. Perfect summer colours. It's a Polwarth Silk blend and there's almost 500 yards of it, so it's perfect for a shawlette.

The pattern I chose is Sacre Coeur - a freebie I saw a while back. So far, it's going swimmingly, and seems just the thing to make me love knitting again.

5 comments:

kathy b said...

whatever knit makes us happy, that's the ticket

Anonymous said...

You HAD to start this. Your mom dyed the yarn just for YOU!!!

Holy wow! That is a gorgeous pattern.

Araignee said...

I LOVE Polwarth and silk. I even love Polwarth all by itself. That's going to be amazing.

Rachelle said...

That's going to be really pretty

wildtomato said...

I'm digging that yarn and pattern choice!