Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pearls and roses

Startitis has bitten bad it seems....
 I've started April Come She Will. I just couldn't help it. While Mom was on vacation last week, she dyed up three skeins of Twisted Top Cat for me
It's in one of my favourite colourways - Pink Pearl.  Sadly, the dye we use to get this colour is getting harder and harder to find, so I needed at least one garment in it. And the Twisted Top Cat is so nice to work with - a little cashmere goes a long way!

But don't worry - I'm still working on Sherlock. It's actually become my travel knitting since it's all easy stocknit. And I have zero desire to work on socks at the moment. Sock mojo will return eventually, I'm sure, but it's not like I need any more socks at the moment (last count was around 40 pair...)

And... I thought you'd want to know, instead of waiting for another post...

Chicago Peace has won the race...
 Though Blue Girl wasn't far behind.
I'm a wee bit disappointed in her colour, she's more on the pink than mauve side at the moment, though that may change as she opens up more.

And Queen Elizabeth is looking pretty good too.
Like Blue Girl, she's not quite what i expected. I was thinking she'd be much lighter... but it's early days yet. We'll see what we get.

6 comments:

elns said...

Wow! That yarn is knitting up so beautifully. I can almost "feel" it. Also, how adorable are your stitch markers?

I am beyond impressed with 40 pairs of socks. Those are just yours, not to mention all the lovely gift socks I know you've knit and given away. My sock mojo is kinda on hiatus too, but hey I'm knitting per usual and I'm enjoying it. Sounds like you are too! Only you would consider Sherlock, "travel knitting" hahaha! You go girl!

Love the roses, I await the Queen with baited breath...

wildtomato said...

You're starting to give me startitis! That cardigan will be lovely, especially in that colorway. I must finish a couple of projects before I cast on, but my willpower is waning.

kathy b said...

We need Peace in Chicago. Your roses are lovely. Startitis has its place! your Pink yarn is delicate and lovely.

Chicago is a very safe city if you stay in the right areas. Cub games, Navy Pier, the Museum Campus, Lincoln Park and Lincoln park zoo are all very safe. IF you watch the news you'd think it was all gunfire and gangsters...but is isn't really. We do need Chicago Peace ....too many are dying. Maybe a rose would help!

Anonymous said...

I love the color pink you chose for your new cardigan! So soft and pretty!

Araignee said...

Beautiful roses. I can't wait to see them in full bloom. That yarn is lovely. I don't blame you for starting it.

Rachelle said...

That is probably my favourite shade of pink, not too "little girl", it has a sense of elegance.
The roses are pretty too, do any of them have scent once they open?