Thursday, June 4, 2015

Oh crap nuggets!!!!

Yeah..... that's exactly what it looks like... four dropped stitches in a row... and they've fallen about eight rows. And not in the easy yarn over part of the pattern, but the ssk part of the pattern....

I tried fixing it with out ripping back, but it's just too loose and looks like crap.

So that means ripping back eight rows and about a billion stitches in lace.... and the yarn is alpaca/cashmere/silk... I am not looking forward this.

I think I'll wait until the weekend to tackle it....

... and maybe ask Mom to do it....

 Guess I better go find something else to knit.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dang!!! What a bummer; I'd be very sad about having to rip back soooo many stitches/rows in lace. Well, get a stiff upper lip and face the music??? May as well grin and bear it, eh?

WildflowerWool said...

Oh no :(

kathy b said...

That is the PITTS!!!!!

Araignee said...

Oh, no.....if it makes you feel any better I had to rip back a sock to before the heel turn and take out about 20 inches of weaving today. It was right to put it in time out. Naughty knitting...

gayle said...

I gasped when I saw that picture. Literally gasped.

Anonymous said...

Oh lawsy ---- that is NOT good. Hope there is an easy recovery. Yeah, ask Mom. Moms can fix EVERYTHING!

Rachelle said...

Oh, bummer! Definitely ripping back is the best option; maybe put a lifeline in if you can though before starting to reduce further chance of damage.

lexa said...

Sucky-ucky!